Policy on Privacy of Client Personal Information
LifeSmith Coaching is committed to protecting the privacy and security of every client’s personal information obtained by reason of your client relationship with us. This policy explains the types of client personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
- professional and business directories available to the public,
- certain public registries and court records,
- certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
- We are accountable to you.
LifeSmith Coaching is responsible for all personal information under its control.
- We let you know why we collect your personal information.
LifeSmith Coaching identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually is collected.
- We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information.
- LifeSmith Coaching will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information.
- LifeSmith Coaching will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
- express consent has previously been given,
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting LifeSmith Coaching initiatives and related activities; and reporting back to you.
- Providing services requested by you.
- Recommending products and services that LifeSmith Coaching believes will be of interest and provide value to you.
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements.
- We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information.
LifeSmith Coaching uses and discloses your personal information only for the purpose it was collected, and does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason. We do not share your personal information with third parties; and we retain your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
- We keep your personal information up-to-date and accurate.
LifeSmith Coaching keeps your personal information up-to-date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate.
- The security of your personal information is a priority for LifeSmith Coaching
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held.
- We are open about our privacy and security policy.
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to the management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our web site, www.lifesmithcoaching.com under “what’s offered” or upon request. To contact us, refer to the “Contact Us” section below.
- We provide access to your personal information stored by Alpha Social Media® Inc.
You can request access to your personal information stored by LifeSmith Coaching To contact us, refer to the detail below. Upon receiving such a request, LifeSmith Coaching will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed.
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify its accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information.
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
- We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy in a timely manner.
LifeSmith Coaching does not endorse any web site or web page by providing a link to that site/page. It is provided simply for your convenience. LifeSmith Coaching makes no warranties or representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one. Such links are provided only as a convenience and providing these links does not mean that LifeSmith Coaching endorses or accepts any responsibility for the contents or the use of such web site.
You access such other sites at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions and to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
The information contained on our web site may be changed at any time without prior notification or obligation.